If you are already familiar with our dairy-free yogurt, you may want to buy the double pack of our Yogurt culture. It is more economical, and it has a long shelf life.
Make 10 litres of your favourite non-dairy milk and follow the recipes provided.
THIS YOGURT CULTURE CONTAINS:
- 10 sachets of starter culture
- 10 sachets of organic base
- 4 strains of dairy-free probiotic yogurt bacteria
- Plant-based yogurt recipes include coconut, almond, cashew, soy, and more.
Welcome to the only yogurt culture designed for dairy-free yogurt fermentation. These specific strains for culturing plant-based yogurts deliver more consistent and cost-effective results than probiotic tablets or capsules.
MADE IN NZ
Culture Cupboard starters are made in NZ in small batches for maximum live culture counts.
How to make Dairy-free yogurt?
We're here to help you make non-dairy yogurt as good as your favorite expensive brand from the supermarket.
- Each pack comes with a yogurt-making recipe guide
- Watch our videos above for how to use this plant-based starter
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to talk yogurt making
To make vegan yogurt at home, we recommend the following yogurt-making equipment:
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
What plant milks to use?
This yogurt starter culture works with a range of plant-based milk to make:
- coconut milk yogurt
- almond milk yogurt
- soy yogurt
- oat milk yogurt
- cashew yogurt
The recipes share what to look for when buying plant milk for yogurt and how to make dairy-free milk from scratch at home.
- Organic Rice Starch
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus
Allergens & storage
- No allergens - 100% dairy-free starter culture
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-12 months
Because this starter culture is made fresh here in NZ, each batch has a long shelf life. When you receive them, store them in the freezer.